The Bailout Plan: A Quick Note to My Representatives ~ News, Politics and Anything Else I Want to Say

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Bailout Plan: A Quick Note to My Representatives

Senator Dole, Senator Burr and Congressman Hayes,

Please don't allow a rushed bailout bill to pass. We do not need to rush through legislation if it is bad legislation. I am angry that people and companies who took on too much risk may now get to transfer their losses to taxpayers while any profits get to go to them. That is not how capitalism works. If there is a bailout, which I am not sure there even should be, it should be in the form of loans that will be paid back with interest or through buying an ownership stake in the companies that need help. The stock market has opened just fine all week and will do so next week while the country has a thoughtful debate on how to best solve this issue.

No comments: